- As a high school kid I learnt that my DNA is in essence an amalgam of half of my father’s DNA and half of my Mother’s DNA.
- So much of who I am was hard-wired at the time of my conception!
- As my Dad’s family name is Hart and my Mother’s family name is Fink, I combined the first three letters of each family name and I get Harfin!
- My working life of 50+ years was spread over three countries, England, Australia and New Zealand.
- Born in Greenwich, I emigrated to Australia as a teenager in the 1960’s, then moved to New Zealand in the mid 1970’s, and finally in the late 1990’s returned to England. I retired in 2019 to SW London.
- My work history started in Insurance in the late 1950’s, but in the mid 1970’s I ventured into horticulture (in rural NZ). In the 1980’s I went into Health, Safety and Environmental Management for a Global Company in a managerial role until I retired (in England) early in the first decade of the second millenium.
- My two adult sons and their families continue to live in New Zealand.
- My interests span Family History, Social History, creative writing, wildlife management, gardening and helping those in need.
- Since retirement I have done voluntary work for a number of worthy organisations and charities. Currently I transcribe historic documents and support and guide others seeking to find their ancestral past andf build their own family trees.
- I have donated funds to charities over most of my life, but I recently set up a new giving plan, GoXMi, which stands for “Going the eXtra Mile”. I kicked this off in April 2020, following the amazing effort of “Captain Tom” in raising money for NHS Charities during the early stage of the Corona Virus pandemic. My home exercise programme has been extended to include additional exercising that is the driver now for my own charity donations.
Would you like to share your thoughts, comments, suggestions or ideas? I would welcome inputs, suggestions, comments or thoughts from readers. To do this key your email address and nominate a user name of your choice in the appropriate places in the New Contributor’s box below. Once validated and approved you will receive your sign on details and preliminary password email. (You will be able to select your own password once you are registered and signed-in.)