For a quick meal place 100 gm per person of your favourite pasta to boiling salted water and when back to the boil cook for around 4 minutes.
Drain and stir in 60 gm of this sauce to each serving and sprinkle a generous serving of freshly grated Parmagiano (or similar) cheese over the top.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 100 gm sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- 450 gm can chopped tomatoes.
- Fresh finely chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tbsp dried basil
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a jug and cover with hot water
- Put the oil in a heavy bottomed pan, and heat up to medium heat
- When hot, add the finely chopped onions and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes
- Drain (keep liquid) and then chop into small pieces and add to the pan
- Add back the drained liquid from the soaked sun-dried tomatoes
- Add the contents of the can of tomatoes to the pan
- Increase heat and bring the mixture so as it’s gently simmering
- When it’s thickened to the desired consistency remove the heat and blitz the mixture. (If too thick further boiling water)
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste