for pasta, quinoa or other similar high protein dishes
- 1/2 tbsp basic olive oil
- 2 small shallots (or 1 medium sized one) finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 large tin (basic) of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 60 ml cider vinegar
- optional – 30 ml of sundried tomatoes – chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped basil (or 1/2 tbsp (dried)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped marjoram (or 1/2 tbsp (dried)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat until hot
- Add the onion and garlic an cook for another minute
- Reduce the heat to medium and add tinned tomatoes, vinegar, tomato paste and the chopped sundried tomatoes and reduce heat to gentle simmer.
- Cover, and cook until thickened – 10 to 15 mins.
- When thickened leave to cool and divide into 3 and freeze in sauce bags.
- When needed for mixing with pasta, quinoa, couscous etc, gently heat in a small pan until hot.