Quinoa is a high protein rich seed (13.5 percent protein) now grown in the UK. It’s originally from South America.
- 150 mls of my Italian style tomato sauce – see page
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of filtered water
- seasoning to taste
- Put the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and place it under the cold tap, turn on the tap and rinse for 30 seconds.
- Drain well.Place the quinoa into a saucepan and add the cup of filtered water.
- Bring to the boil and lower the temperature to produce a gentle simmer until the quinoa has absorbed almost all the water.
- Heat the italian style tomato sauce in a pan over a gentle heat
- Remove the pot from the stove and put the lid on.
- The quinoa will continue to absorb the steam.
- Once the seeds have popped open (about 5 mins) fluff seeds with a fork.
- Mix the Italian style tomato sauce with the fluffy quinoa and season to taste!
Cooking over! Eat and enjoy