George Henry Fink married Frances Sarah Chapman on May 3rd 1891 at St. Stephens in Poplar, London. They had six children. These were:
- John Thomas (known as Jack) Fink born 11th January 1895
- Ciselia Bessie Fink born 1896
- Violet Annie Fink born December qtr 1898
- Phyllis Sarah Mary Fink born 25th November 1903
- Jessie born? December qtr 1901
- Francis Richard (known as Dick) born March qtr 1907
All are now deceased.
- Jack, married to Nan Goodman, lived in Holloway. They had three children (all now deceased) Eldest son John William was Station Master at Kings Cross, apparently. Alexander R and sister Edith lived at Letchworth
- Ciselia (known as “Sis”) married Harry Jones and lived in Romford in Essex They had four children, all of whom are now deceased. They were:
- Henry William Jones – Served in RAFVR inWW2. He was on a training flight with a RCAF crew on a training flight on 28th April 1945 on a Lancaster Bomber which caught fire after being struck by lightning and which subsequently crash landed and exploded in Rutland; all on-board died.
- Vera Jones, deceased; one son living.
- Dorothy Celia Jones, deceased. Second husband living
- James Jones, deceased. Daughter and family living
- Violet Annie never married, suffered from Alzheimer’s disease in later life and passed away some years ago in Devon.
- Jessie, married name Savage, lived in Dagenham for many years and they had 2 sons.
- Phyllis married James Henry Hart on 24th March 1932 in Hackney, London. James (known popularly as “Hal”), was at the time of the marriage working for, it’s believed, the John Bull magazine as a “Competition Entry Checker”. Initially they lived in Welwyn, but by 1944 they had moved to Ordnance Road in Woolwich where ‘Hal’ worked at the Woolwich Arsenal. By the late 40’s the family moved to Surrey. Hal died in 1968 and is buried at Capel in Surrey. Phyllis died in 1983, shortly before her 80th birthday, and is buried in Batley in Yorkshire.
- The eldest son, Eric (born September quarter 1933), died as a result of an accident in quarter one 1936.
- The second son, Leonard James married Violet Preece in 1961 and had three children (still living). Vi died in 2002 and Len died in 2019
- The third son, Derek Francis, passed away in November 2018 and is survived by his wife, a son, a daughter as well as four grandchildren.
- One other son and his sons and their family are still living.
- Francis Richard or “Dick” as he was known, married Rose and they lived for many years in Finsbury Park. Dick contracted Polio as a young man and was a keen musician (violin) and may even have taught the violin. They had no children and are both buried in Romford in Essex.
Frances Sarah Chapman
Frances Sarah Chapman was born at Fox Street, Gillingham in Kent on 10th November 1864. She was the 1st child of John George Chapman (Grocer’s Porter) and Sarah Ann Pattison who by 1871 had moved to North Street in Scarborough where John was a Greengrocer and Gardener.
Frances’ sister Elizabeth was born in Scarborough around 1870. By 1881 the parents were living in Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk where John was a Post Office Clerk. The 1891 and 1901 census place John and Sarah in that same town and with John continuing working at the Post Office. When Frances Sarah married in 1891 she gave the father’s occupation is shown as Postman.
George’s 2nd Marriage to Mary Amelia Howard 1925 (Registered 1st quarter 1925 in Hackney)
George Henry Fink and Mary Amelia Fink had one daughter, namely Gladys Winifred Mary Howard Fink who was born in November 1926 (registered 1st quarter 1927 in Islington). George had “rescued” Mary Howard from the workhouse after she had had an illegitimate child Ronald Leslie Howard (Registered 4th quarter 1924 in Hackney). They went on to have Gladys Winnie Mary Howard Fink.”
After George’s death Mary went on to marry Kenneth Simper (marriage registered 4th quarter 1954).