The quantities below should be sufficient for a meal for two; serve with a green salad (I use my home-made Italian dressing – recipe later)
- 1 tbsp Dried Porcini mushroom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 average sized shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150 gm chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 150 gm arborio rice
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Bertoli (vegetable oil fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan style cheese – to serve
Preparation / Cooking
- Place the porcini mushrooms in the vegetable stock for a few minutes soak
- Put the stock into a saucepan and simmer on a low` heat
- Put the oil in a heavy based saucepan, add the shallots and the garlic and fry gently for 2 or 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sliced chestnut mushrooms and continue to cook over a moderate heat another couple of minutes or so, until the mushrooms are coloured.
- Stir in the rice and ensure all the ingredients in the pan are covered
- Add a couple of ladles of the hot stock and stir gently until the liquid has almost been absorbed
- Repeat step 6 until all the stock has been used and the rice is soft. Whilst step 6 is progressing drain porcini mushrooms, and chop into irregular sized chunks
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the chopped porcini mushrooms, parsley and the Bertoli and mix thoroughly
- To serve, add the cheese and ENJOY!