Skip to content
- 1 tbsp Dried Chantelle mushroom (or fresh equivalent if you can get them!)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp Bertoli (olive oil based fat)
- 2 average sized shallots, peeled and chopped
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Green Pepper
- 100 gms Quorn pieces
- 100 gm arborio rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan style cheese – to serve
- ½ tbsp Bertoli – to serve
Preparation / Cooking
- Place the dried mushrooms in the vegetable stock to soak
- Put the stock into a saucepan and simmer on a medium heat
- Put the oil in a heavy based saucepan and the first ½ tbsp of Bertoli.
- Add the shallots, the Quorn pieces and the peppers fry gently for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and ensure all the ingredients in the pan are covered
- Add a couple of ladles of the hot stock (including the soaked mushrooms) and stir gently until the liquid has almost been absorbed
- Repeat step 6 until all the stock has been used up and the texture of the rice is to your taste (some prefer the rice to be quite firm).
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the Bertoli and the cheese and mix thoroughly